It’s grilling season! Traditionally, Mexican street corn is made by covering grilled corn with a mix of mayo and sour cream. In our version, we’ve lightened it up (while still keeping the flavor!) by adding a layer of avocado instead. This simple side dish pairs well with a wide range of flavors – give it a try at your next cookout!
- 4 ears of sweet corn
- 1 cup of crumbled cotija or queso fresco cheese
- ½ cup of avocado – mashed or blended until smooth
- 1 tablespoon of chili lime spice (you can substitute cayenne)
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
Grill the corn until slightly charred on all sides. While the corn is still warm, slather it with the mashed avocado. Squeeze the lime over the corn and then top with crumbled cheese, chili lime spice and cilantro. Serve with extra lime slices if you’d like!