It’s hot out there! Many of us are heading to the pool or beach to beat the heat, but prepping for a day in the sun can be hard work. From towels and toys to snacks and coolers – it can be easy to forget some of the necessities as you head out. Here are some of our favorite tips for keeping things organized (and easy!) so you can have more fun in the sun this summer.
- Pack Seventh Generation baby wipes in your beach tote. Use them to clean ice cream covered faces, sand filled toes and sticky fingers.
- Keep a few damp washcloths in your cooler. When the sun is high in the sky and beating down, you’ll want a cool washcloth to place on you and your little one’s faces.
- Store electronics in a clear, sealable plastic bag. This helps keep them safe from water or sand damage, and the electronics still work through the plastic bag!
- Rinse swim suits immediately after using them, removing sand, dirt and germs that could be lurking in the water. Mix a tablespoon of laundry detergent a sink full of water. Rinse with water then let air dry, and never wring suits! This will ensure the longest lifespan for swimsuits.
- Scrub beach toys with a mixture of 2 cups dish liquid and a gallon of water. A quick scrub, rinse and air dry makes those toys clean and safe for their next play-date!
What are some of your favorite tips for keeping pool and beach days easy?
Telling stories with the goal of building a consumer revolution that nurtures the health of the next seven generations and beyond.