April 20, 2010
How to Clean Floors
- Use a broom to remove all dirt and debris.
- Look for any visible dirty spots or stains. In a bucket of water, add 5-7 drops of Dish Soap. Soak a microfiber cloth in the mixture and wring out the water. Use wet microfiber to scrub individual spots.
- Wet the cloth and wring out and place it under a broom or mop and use that as a tool to wash the floors. Move from left to right to clean floors.
- After you've mopped the floor with the soap mixture, use a new towel with only water to go over the floor. This removes the soap.
- If the floor is hardwood, put a dry towel under the mop and dry the floors right away.
- If the floor is tile, drying is optional.
- If you want the floor to shine, you can make a solution of water and vinegar. Soak dry clean towel in water and vinegar and use that to mop the floors. Dry the floors.
- Shining only works for hardwood.