I don't know about you, but preparing colorful food never fails to cheer me up. The other night I had a hankering for something orange, so I whipped up this roasted carrot dish. It is quick and easy to make, and was a big hit in my house. The recipe calls for cumin, but you can easily substitute chili powder or make the dish with only salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400
- Peel one pound of carrots and cut them into strips that look like French fries
- In a bowl, mix 1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil with 1 Teaspoon of cumin, or a little more to taste
- Add carrots to the bowl and mix until coated
- Place carrots on a cookie sheet, and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Roast for 10 minutes. Mix with a spatula, and continue cooking until as crisp or as soft as you would like, 5 to 10 minutes more.
Do you have any roasted carrot recipes to share?