Our kids are up against a world of toxins. At Seventh Generation, we've been working passionately for years to eliminate exposure to toxic chemicals that harm human health by supporting sound state and federal toxics control legislation.
Join us on Thursday, October 24th for a panel discussion on the need to reform federal chemical regulation laws. Congress has not updated the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) since the law was first passed more than 30 years ago, and an important piece of legislation that would update TSCA - the Chemical Safety Improvement Act (CSIA) - was introduced this year.
We're bringing together experts from the corporate world, non-profit organizations and the media to discuss what chemical reform legislation means, and why it is an important step for both families and Washington decision-makers.
Expert voices will include:
- John Replogle, President and CEO, Seventh Generation
- David Levine, CEO, American Sustainable Business Council
- Nancy Buermeyer, Senior Policy Strategist, Breast Cancer Fund
- Andy Igrejas, National Campaign Director, Safer Chemicals Healthy Families Coalition
- Kate Sheppard, Editor and Senior Reporter for Environment and Energy, Huffington Post
When: Thursday, October 24th 8:30 am - 10:00 am
One Constitution Avenue, NE
If you'd like to join us in person, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, check here for a livestream of the event on October 24!