Does anyone have ideas for reusing laundry detergent boxes. I hate to throw them away (I mean, recycle them) but I need a innovative way to keep them useful.
Join today and become a Seventh Generation insider! Get up close and personal with the latest news, share your views online and be the first to find out about special offers and savings!
Click Here to Sign Up
I use mine for storing small umbellas and another box for holding feather dusters. I keep these boxes on the floor of a closet. Works very well.
Hi Bettina, thanks for all of the great ideas. I thought the boxes were too sturdy and look too useful to just put into the recycle bin. I will try some of your suggestions.
Sorry about the typing errors, I won't hit the submit button so fast next time.
I am up to a challenge!
1. Cut it apart to use for a school project that you would use a shoe box for.
2. Use it to collect dryer lint that you use asfire start when camping or building a fire at home.
3. Use to store collected clean cereal bags (not recycleable) that you use when really yucky stuff has to be thrown out but you don't waste a plastic bag on.
4. Clean and remove the lid and store your socks in it so they aren't a mess in the drawer.
5. Use them to store gloves and mittens off season. They are the perfect size. Each family member could keep the hat, gloves, & scarf seperate is their own box.
6. Cut in half and use a degradable plant starter containers.
7. Cut apart and use as table protecter when doing school projects.
8. Use to collect mail to be sorted through. They are very strudy and could be covered with wrapping paper cloth or smonthing else as to make them pretty on you counter or desk.
9. Use them to hold gifts that are wrapped in comics. I know some people will mot like this, but my family is getting ue to all types of cantainers used as gift boxes.
10. Use for crayons, markes pens, etc that seem to collect almost everywhere.
You can leave the box in the original condition or wrap it in krafte paper that you decorate, wrapping paper or cloth.
I like to use mine early in the season by cutting the bottoms off and taking off the tops and using them as nice little mini plant greenhouses. Plus since they haven't housed caustic chemicals it's safe to use on veggie plants :)
Why my zip code?
Change Country: United States / Canada
©2013 Seventh Generation, Inc. All rights reserved