How to Clean Stainless Steel Appliances
It is always a challenge to keep your stainless steel appliances looking beautiful and smudge-free. Ivette shares her professional tips for keeping your kitchen gleaming.
- Remove all decorations on door before you start cleaning.
- Apply Seventh Generation All Purpose Cleaner to your microfiber cloth and clean the outside of your appliance, top to bottom, following the grain of the steel.
- The handle will be the dirtiest. Start from the bottom of the handle and use your towel to go side-to-side, like shoe shining.
- Check exterior for spots or stickiness.
- Immediately after, use a dry microfiber to dry the stainless steel.
Ivette is a trainer at Women's Action to Gain Economic Security (WAGES), a non-profit organization helping low-income women in the San Francisco Bay Area establish cleaning service cooperatives that use environmentally-safe methods to protect everyone's health.