Soothing Boost Oil$8.99 (1)
Blend Oat, Argan & Zi
Cao 25 oz
It's easy to capture the freshness of summer with herb oils. At this point in the season, all the herbs in the garden are thriving, and while they are great added directly to meals or recipes, here is a way to stretch the herbs and fresh flavors into other seasons. There is no need for specific quantities of this recipe--use as many herbs and as much oil as desired for using and preserving.
Any fresh herbs either from the farmers market or garden will do: Tarragon, thyme, rosemary, sage, garlic scapes/garlic, oregano, parsley, basil, etc. olive oil
2. Make sure herb stems and leaves are dried off.
3. Place approximately 3-4 stems of one herb or a mixture of herbs into a jar or bottle.
4. Pour olive oil over the herbs and fill the jar or bottle to the top.
5. Cover and let sit--the more it sits the more the flavor of the herbs will seep into the oil.
6. Use flavored oil for cooking or for eating with dipped bread or drizzled on fresh cheeses or salad greens.
About Andrea Todd
Home chef Andrea Todd has been learning by experimenting and trying new foods and combinations in the kitchen for years. She loves to share ideas and tips, and sticks to simple recipes that taste good, are seasonal and easy to make, and locally grown. Sharing is an integral part of Andrea's food philosophy. Whether through a meal in her kitchen with one friend or a community cooking event with 30, she finds the shared experience of food inspiring. The recipes she creates are starting points, designed to be replicated, expanded, or revised as you like. Enjoy!