Healthy Travels This Season
At least in my world, it often feels like home is the Bubble, and inside the Bubble, it's all good. The recipes are pleasing, the cleaning products are natural, and terror alerts are issued only when our 2-year-old cousin comes for a visit.
Leave the Bubble and all bets are off. Which is exactly where many of us will find ourselves this holiday season as family gatherings send us far and wide. But healthy travels can be easy to plan. Here are some strategies for keeping your family out of harm's way as you globetrot this holiday season:
- Bring the disinfecting wipes and keep them handy. Use them for a quick, discrete wipe-down of suspect surfaces.
- Wash your hands a lot. Doctors say handwashing is the single most effective way to prevent the transmission of illness.
- Use the hand sanitizer early and often. When a wipe down isn't convenient or you can't get to a sink and some soap, pass out the sanitizer gel. Look for formulas that use natural ingredients.
- Open windows. You can't be sure about air quality in hotels and other people's homes. All we can be certain of is that the air outside is almost always fresher and cleaner. Whenever possible, let that air in -- especially when you're sleeping.
- Ask hotels for fresh blankets. Most hotels regularly launder only sheets and pillowcases, not blankets or bedspreads.
Use these strategies to help your family steer clear of common travel trouble spots. Don't leave your Bubble without them!