Let's start grilling season right with this easy-to-make recipe from our friends at Whole Foods. Grilled sweet potatoes are a wonderfully delicious substitution for fries or roasted potatoes made with oil. Keep an eye on the grill so the potatoes get tender with just a little bit of char and not burnt.
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ pound sweet potatoes (1 large or 2 medium), sliced lengthwise in ½-inch-thick slices
In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, vinegar, honey, cilantro, shallot and pepper until blended.
Prepare the grill for medium-heat cooking.
Brush sweet potatoes on both sides with dressing. Place sweet potatoes on the grill. Grill, covered, about 6 minutes on each side or until tender and charred. To serve, slice in strips and drizzle with remaining dressing.
Per Serving:190 calories (0 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (5g dietary fiber, 16g sugar), 3g protein