While you're making a list and checking it twice, why not think about giving gifts that give twice? A gift that supports a charitable organization can do a world of good and gives you the opportunity to match your gift to the cause that's nearest and dearest to your recipient's heart. Here are a few ideas to get you going:
Keep your gift local by making a donation to your Local Food Shelf or Homeless Shelter in your recipient's name.
Support education by donating books or supplies in your child's name to your local school or library.
Delight animals lovers
- A donation to your local animal shelter is always in season
- Help the ASPCA provide refuge to the million of unwanted pets in America by purchasing holiday gifts from the ASPCA Store
- Help protect life on earth with a species adoption kit for the World Wildlife Fund that includes an adoption certificate, photo, and species information card
Help children everywhere
- Get into the holiday spirit with ornaments, decorations, and other gifts that inspire hope and help fight childhood cancer -- 100% of profits benefit children at St. Jude
- Help support the United Nations Children's Fund, an international charity that aims to improve the lives of children
- Do your part to restore the lives of war-affected children with the purchase of a simple, sleek whistle
Shop for change
- Global Good Partners has a stunning selection of handcrafted, eco-friendly gifts made by women artisans in Asia, Africa, and the Americas. All product sales go toward supporting these struggling artisans and their communities.
- GreaterGood.org has a unique Gifts That Give More™ program that allows 100% tax-deductible contributions to pass directly through to nonprofit causes.