Here's an idea for a holiday get-together: Make gingerbread houses! Have a friendly contest to see who can make the biggest, most creative or most delicious gingerbread house in your family. Here's a great "no-bake" recipe that makes this activity a piece of cake.
- Pick your favorite platter or a piece of cardboard to build your house on
- In lieu of gingerbread, use graham crackers for the walls and roof of your house
- Starting with the base of your house, stand the graham crackers up and use your favorite frosting to "glue" the walls together. Remember to use the frosting in thick layers to hold the walls up
- Let the frosting sit for a while to allow it to harden before working on the roof
- Once you are happy with the size of your base (and it has hardened), work on the roof. Lay the graham crackers in the shape that you want your roof to be
- Time to decorate! Use colored frostings, small pieces of candy or whatever suits you to decorate your house. Don't forget a walkway up to your front door!
After creating your masterpiece, be sure to clean up with Seventh Generation products, including Multi-Surface Disinfecting Wipes or our Free & Clear All Purpose Cleaner, both available at BuyTheCase.net. From now until 12/24/10, save $5 on your order of Seventh Generation products at BuyTheCase.net with the code 7thGEN.