It wouldn’t be summer without ice cream! Cool off with this vegan ice cream recipe that combines the sweet taste of ripe nectarines with the aromatic spice of cardamom.
2 yellow nectarines
1 tbsp maple syrup (more if you like it sweeter)
1 can light coconut milk
1 tbsp vanilla
dash of sea salt
Dash of lemon
Dash of cardamom
- Combine nectarines, maple syrup, and lemon in a pot. Cook just enough to make the mixture soft and bubbly. Put mixture in the freezer to cool – don’t let it freeze!
- Put coconut milk, vanilla, salt, and cardamom in the blender and blend lightly.
- Add in nectarine mixture from the freezer and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Put entire mixture back in the freezer to cool in a covered mixing bowl.
- Pour into pre-chilled ice cream maker and mix according to your ice cream maker’s directions. You could also pour into a freezer-safe container, cover and freeze, stirring every couple hours to aerate.
- Once the ice cream is at soft-serve consistency, cover and freeze until firm. You can eat immediately if you prefer soft ice cream.