There's a box in my car, one in the kitchen, a pack of them in my bathroom, and one with my cleaning supplies. What is this marvelous do-everything product that I can't live without? Baby wipes!
It's been years since there was a baby in the house, but one thing I discovered about the handy little wipe during that time was all the wonderful things they can do other than just clean a dirty bum or wipe a messy face. Here are my favorites:
- Remove eye makeup. Gentle enough for baby, gentle enough to take off eye makeup and not nearly as pricy as fancy eye makeup remover.
- Cleaning up inside of my car when I'm stuck in traffic. Why fume when you can multitask! Grab a wipe, swipe it across the dash and you're good to go.
- Wipe down the leaves of houseplants. Gentle, easy way to take off the dust.
- Clean bird poop and dead bugs off your windshield. Don't use them to wash the whole window or you'll create a streaky mess, they're super for those hard-to-remove "lumps."
- Summer's almost here (really, it is). Put some wipes in a baggie and put it in the cooler for use at the beach or on day trips, or just put some in the fridge for those oppressively hot nights.
- There's nothing like a baby wipe to remove pen, pencil and crayon from most surfaces (even skin).
- Little spots on your kitchen or bathroom floor? Pop a baby wipe onto a floor duster, run it over the messes and watch them disappear.
- Static got your hair standing on end (or your dress riding up in an embarrassing way)? A slightly damp baby wipe will tame things in a flash.
- Here's one I love: Baby wipes get rid of deodorant marks on dark clothing. Really!
- A baby wipe or two can take the fear out of using public bathrooms, shopping carts, restaurant tables and more. Don't leave home without them.
- I have a hairy little dog. You may too (or even a less-than-fastidious cat). Baby wipes make short work of "danglers."
- Speaking of dogs, use a baby wipe to clean off puppy paws after a walk and before they jump into your nice, clean car.
- No time to shower after a workout? A quick swipe here and there with a baby wipe will leave you fresh enough to be on your way.
- Dust and go! I slide baby wipes between the hard-to-dust rungs of chairs, and anywhere else that's a little hard to reach with a conventional dust cloth.
- Not much letter writing going on these days, but when you do need a moisten an envelope to seal it, don't lick, wipe with a baby wipe instead.
What uses have you discovered for baby wipes?